Sunday, June 21, 2009

After settling in Craig and I ran to town for some supplies. They must still be in the 1800's here because when asked if there was anyplace to buy jeans (we mostly brought summer clothes) the young clerk smiled brightly and replied "Sure. You can probably go into Ellis. They would have some". I proceeded to ask how far that is and she replied "Oh, about an hour or so". I knew I was in trouble then. What, no place to shop? All the clerks keep whispering every time I come in. I have been to the IGA 3 times in one day. They are used to seeing people once a week or once a month.



On the way back to the cabin we decided to sneak down to the lighthouse and take a peek. The fog was rolling in and gave it the perfect look. It feels like we're in Scotland or something.

After returning we dined on a gourmet meal of Hungry man (too tired to cook and it is one of the boy's favorite not good for you meals). I was in my element when we discovered a 550 piece puzzle. I proceeded to drift into my own little world with only a few times of being rudely yanked from that world by obnoxious laughter from the other side of the cabin as the guys watched a movie. My side of the bed and a book are softly calling my name. The pull is g e t t i n g s t r o n g e r. C a n ' t
r e s i s t a n y l o n g e r. Goodnight
Marcie

No comments:

Post a Comment